Contacts

25 June 2008

My hard drive was falling..!


One week ago, when I started up my PC which running openSuse, there are a dialog appeared on desktop loading process. The dialog box said: "Your hard drive was falling". At first time I got this confirmation dialog box, I don't care about it. I just continuing used my PC. But today, I really want to know what happen in my hard disk. So I went to openSuse IRC forum, and I asked someone about this problem. Since I got the answer, I was surprised. Do you know why? Because the problem was really serious. Something bad happened on my hard drive was not as I thought. Before I got the answer, I thought the problem was just about logical partition problem. But apparently the problem was about physical partition. It means I have to replace this hard drive with the new one, of course, it's a must. If I don't replace it with the new one soon, my data on it will lose soon. Because the problem will grow up time per time, someone said this problem will cause a big problem called "death block" (I don't remember its terminology exactly), correct me if I false.
Ough this is realy serious problem, my old hard drive, I'm still loving you. Don't leave me please... Ohh... what pity I am... :-)

2 comments:

  1. erkk..same like my problem..hahahaa..my hdd i think alredy death..no warning2..trus Disk Error!!..but..i manage to take back my important data..(anime n movie) hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha...ha....
    i had ever experienced almost similar one, my hard disk 'died' because of the electricity was poor. you know like low voltage, and it was caused by my stop-contact cable was leak on the head's joint. so. i suggest you to do a routine check for all cables connected to your PC or laptop and electricity sources. it's highly recommended to use a UPS and stabilizer together..

    that's all.., and welcome to cyber world.

    ReplyDelete